This is a great light meal for those hot summer days! My scrumptious summer pasta is super easy to make!
- 1 lb. Pasta (Angel hair is great!)
- 3 cans of precooked chicken, drained
- 1 bottle of your favorite Italian dressing (We used Olive Garden’s)
- 1 lb. Shredded Italian cheese
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 bell pepper, rough chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, shredded or julienned
Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Break pasta in half and add to water. Cook as directed on the box. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
In a skillet with your favorite cooking oil (I use grapeseed oil), add the drained precooked chicken. Season to taste with Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Brown.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken and all the vegetables. Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir.
In a separate bowl, add the entire bottle of Italian dressing, 1 cup of shredded cheese, garlic powder, celery seed, Italian seasoning and paprika. Whisk.
You can either stir the dressing into the large bowl of pasta prior to serving or allow each person to add as much or as little as they like to their own plated pasta.
Please let me know what you think by commenting on this post. 😉