- 3 lb cubed venison
- 6 potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tsp. diced
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce or puree
- 1 15 oz. can corn
- 1 lb bag of mixed vegetables
- 1 c medium pearl barley
- 1 lb bag coleslaw mix
- Brown venison in small amount of oil in 12-quart stock pot.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and garlic.
- Add water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are fork tender.
- Add tomatoes, sauce or puree, corn, mixed vegetables, and barley.
- Simmer 10 minutes to cook barley.
- Add coleslaw mix and simmer approximately 5 minutes or until cabbage softens.