If you love Italian food, you HAVE to try this!!! Super easy to make and super yummy to eat!
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 30-oz. container ricotta
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 c shredded mozzarella
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 c Italian breadcrumbs
- marinara sauce, warm (for dipping)
- Cook lasagna as shown on the box. Keep in mind, each piece of lasagna equals one finished piece of fried lasagna.
- Lay each piece of lasagna out on a cookie sheet.
- In bowl, combine ricotta, 1 egg and garlic. Season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper. Mix until evenly combined. Spread the ricotta mixture onto each lasagna noodle, then sprinkle mozzarella.
- Fold each lasagna noodle 3-4 times, to create a square. Freeze the lasagna servings on the cookie sheet for 30 minutes, or until hardened.
- After pulling the lasagna from the freezer, turn on the fire under your skillet with about 1.5″ of oil. Heat to approximately 350 degrees.
- Set up your dredging station. One bowl for each of the following: flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Dredge each lasagna roll in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Start simmering your marinara sauce in a separate pan.
- When the oil in the skillet is up to temperature, add your coated lasagna rolls. It’s best to work in batches of 4-6, to keep the oil temperature up. Fry on each side about 2 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Let me know if you try it and what you think!!! Drop me a comment!